Congratulatory Greetings

  • From The White House
  • From the Kansas Governor
  • From the KDOA Secretary includes Certificate

  • Interested in requesting a birthday greeting from the White House for an older relative or friend?

    The White House

    The White House will send greeting cards signed by the President of the United States to commemorate special events, accomplishments or milestones free of charge to U.S. citizens. To request a greeting card from the President, just follow these guidelines from the White House Greetings Office:

    Submitting Requests:

    Requests may be submitted through the office of one of the U.S. Senators from your state. Requests can also be mailed, at least six weeks in advance of the event to:

    White House
    Attn: Greetings Office
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, D.C. 20502

    For faster service, requests can also be faxed to 202-456-2461.


    The Obama White House is informing citizens requesting greeting cards that it is currently taking "several months" for the request to reach the Greetings Office and be mailed out. While the Greetings Office is unable to guarantee on time arrival of greeting cards, they promise it will arrive eventually.

    Please review these guidelines carefully before mailing your request to the White House.
    1. U.S. Citizens Only. The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
    2. Advance Notice Required. Your request should be received at least six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
    3. Anniversary Greetings. Anniversary greetings will be sent to couples who are celebrating a 50th, 60th, 70th or later wedding anniversary.
    4. Birthday Greetings. Birthday greetings will be sent only to people turning 80 or older or veterans turning 70 or older.
    5. Other Greetings. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important life events such as:
      1. Wedding (send your request after the event)
      2. Baby's birth or adoption of a child
      3. Retirement after at least 30 years on the same job
      4. Eagle Scout Award
      5. Girl Scout Gold Award
      6. Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent religious occasion
    6. Required Information. Please include the following in your request:
      1. name and home address of honoree(s)
      2. form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)
      3. exact date of occasion (month, day, year)
      4. age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage
      5. your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number
      6. any specific mailing instructions if other than to honoree's address
      7. Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address)

    From the Governor of Kansas

    The Governor will send a letter to those reaching their 80th birthday or couples celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Include the accurate spelling of the person’s name, salutation (Mr., Mrs., or Ms., etc), age, birth date, and complete mailing address of the recipient. Allow several weeks for processing and mailing.


    Governor Sam Brownback
    Constituent Services
    State Capitol, 2nd Floor
    Topeka, KS 66612-1590

    From the KDOA Secretary

    The Kansas Department on Aging will send a letter signed by the Secretary and a Certificate signed by the Secretary and the Governor to Kansans, or former Kansans, attaining the age of 100 or older.  Allow several weeks for processing and mailing.


    The Kansas Department on Aging
    Attn: Wilda
    503 S. Kansas Avenue
    Topeka, Kansas 66603
    Fax 785-296-0256


    | KDOA Disclaimer | Kansas Open Records | KDOA Privacy Statement |
    | Home Page | Contact KDOA |
    Page Last Updated: April 27, 2011