Licensure, Certification and Evaluation of Adult Care Facilities
The Licensure, Certification and Evaluation Commission licenses and certifies adult care homes and intermediate care facilities for the mentally retarded in Kansas. Programs exist to assure quality care through two primary means -- establishing licensing standards and inspecting facilities to assure state and federal regulatory standards are being met.
Nursing Facilities Survey Process
- How the State Surveys Nursing Facilities
- 10 Common Myths About Survey - An Article from the May, 2005 Provider Magazine
- Complaint Program
- Long Term Care Division Consultant Team
- Local Area Network for Excellence (LANE) is an advisory committee for the Advancing Excellence in America's Nursing Homes campaign that launched in September 2006. The campaign is reinvigorating efforts to improve the quality of care and quality of life for those living or recuperating in America's nursing homes. Learn more about the campaign and its goals at http://www.nhqualitycampaign.org/.
Nursing Home Compare
- This is a link to Medicare Nursing Home Compare site (www.medicare.gov). The primary purpose of this tool is to provide detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
- The National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information. This is a new web site developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to provide information and resources to help you and your family plan for future long-term care (LTC) needs.
Quality Practice Workgroup
The KDOA Quality Practice Work Group was convened in 2004 to address complex care issues in adult care homes. The group is comprised of KDOA staff as well as staff from adult care homes, associations and organizations. After developing guidelines for falls management, which are now being tested, the group continues to meet to identify best practices for other problem areas.
Zero Deficiency Surveys
Informal Dispute Resolution
Newsletters / Publications
- Sunflower Connection Newsletter and Long Term Care Program Fact Sheets
- Helping the Kansas Adult Care Home Industry Provide Quality Care Brochure
- CMS Quality Indicator Survey Demonstration Project Brochure
- Quality Indicator Survey (QIS) Surveyor Training Manual
- Read about the Quality Indicator Survey (QIS)
revised long-term care survey process. The
QIS was designed as a staged process for use
by surveyors to systematically and objectively
review all regulatory areas and subsequently
focus on selected areas for further review.
This is the technical manual that will
be used on the QIS Project.
- Directory of KDOA Regulated Health Care Providers
- Provider Category Definitions
- Staffing and Occupancy Data
Provider Related Forms
- Forms: Application, Complaint and Related Forms for Health Care Providers
- Long Term Care Semi-Annual and Annual Report Form and Instructions
- Long Term Care Report Forms Web Application - New
- Medicaid Provider - New Enrollment and Change of Ownership Forms
- There are a number of Web Sites that you can contact for help and information about programs and services.